Discover who needs donor eggs and how you can help
Many egg donors want to know who needs donor eggs. Approximately 1 in 8 couples faces infertility and has difficulty getting pregnant. Diagnosing and treating infertility can become a long road for individuals and couples trying desperately to have a baby. In cases of female infertility, egg donation may help women who cannot conceive using their own eggs. By donating your eggs, you can help these patients become parents.
Understanding the basics of female infertility and who needs donor eggs
When couples or individuals come to our Austin fertility center, we perform extensive tests to determine the causes of infertility. For women, problems can occur for many reasons. These reasons include physical abnormalities, genetic defects, maternal age and hormonal imbalances. In some cases, these issues interfere with the woman’s eggs, which impedes pregnancy.
Egg donation can present a feasible alternative for many types of women.
- Maternal age. For women, fertility peaks in their mid-20s. As women age, they release fewer healthy eggs during ovulation. As a result, patients in their late 30s or early 40s often need the help of donor eggs.
- Diminished ovarian reserve. Through testing, we can determine if a woman will likely ovulate and produce viable eggs each month. When these results indicate a potential decrease in the quantity of eggs, we often recommend donor eggs.
- Premature ovarian failure. Although menopause typically occurs for women nearing 50, some patients begin the process much earlier. This process shuts down ovarian production and necessitates the use of donor eggs.
- Repeated failure of IVF cycles. When the use of fertility medications does not assist patients with egg production, donor eggs may represent a better option for success.
- A known genetic illness. If a patient is a carrier or has a genetically linked illness, such as cystic fibrosis, egg donation prevents passing on the disease to any potential offspring.
How donating your eggs can provide assistance
As an egg donor, you can offer healthy eggs that will give a couple or individual a chance to become parents. Donating your eggs will give these intended parents a missing component in their quest to have a baby. To ensure the best experience for our egg donors and intended parents, we have an extensive donor screening process.
For couples and individuals struggling to conceive, donor eggs can provide an avenue for achieving parenthood. If you are considering donating your eggs, contact our Texas egg donation center. We can explain the egg donation process and answer your questions.
Hear why former Texas Egg Donor, Mallory, decided to become an egg donor:
Have More Questions? Check Here!
Thinking About Becoming an Egg Donor?
If you meet all of the eligibility requirements listed, please click on the “Donor Application” to apply.